Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Welcome Back, are we ready?

Welcome Back! I wanted to do this blog for myself and, especially, for all the awesome people that come to my classes and friends who are always asking for information! Today will be the first spinning class of the new and we've added a sculpt class to the Thursday lunch time spot so there's no excuse not to get in great workouts!

So it's 2009 and I'm sure we all ended 2008 with some over indulgences. I think January is a great time to great reacquainted with our health and well being. The party obligations are over, the weather is cold and gray...it's the best time to hit the gym, grab a fitness magazine or try a new healthy recipe. This is the greatest time to GET MOVING!

I want to just remind everyone of some basic information to get their fitness regime started.

#1 Lots of water....hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Depending on your workouts and your goals, a minimum of 64 oz of water daily. Don't worry about the running to the bathroom, your body will find stasis and balance out. I personally shoot for 120 oz of water a day.

#2 If you are looking to lose weight, keep in mind that a weekly deficit of 3500 calories (or 500 daily) is equal to one pound. You can shed those 3500 calories either through diet or excercise but the best is always a combination.

#3 Changes start on the inside and work their way out. Be patient, be persistent and be responsible. Your beginning to move the sludge and goo out of your system, it takes a jump start to get it all moving.

Please feel free to post questions or requests. I'm happy to share what I know. I will also give wrap ups and reviews things that come up in class.

I'm glad we are all back and excited to get back to fitness for love!

Cheers!
V

PS: Here's the link to all of the University's fitness class for the first part of the year:
http://www.cmu.edu/athletics/university-programs/fitness/images/spring09_mini1.pdf

No comments: